Community Management and consulting 2016-2017
Solved the Cleantech Company, Community manager
PPLBIO -Project communication consuliting
E-learning content production and teaching for Information studies
Tervahiihto Ski Marathon stakeholder management and communication management and hands on work 2017. Leading CommsSquad team of volunteers. (11 team members)
Virtual Collaboration “hands on advising” 2016
Solved – The Cleantech Company- I have joined the virtual network of global cleantech experts and professionals. My role is to advise and support projects in virtual communication and collaboration. Currently I work for the project in collaboration with Tyrnävä Municipality and Mikko Ahokas Consulting oy.
E-Learning and teaching 2016-2017
- fFactor -female entrepreneurship program teacher in plusFactor, which enhances wellbeing of female entrepreneurs. Trust workshop is my product in this program.
- Designing and planning E-Learning courses for Communication Studies for Oulu Open University for season 2016-2017.
- Updating, coordinating and teaching in Information Studies at University of Oulu in co-operation with Helsinki Summer School, North Karelian Summer School and University of Oulu and Oulu Open University for season 2016-2017.
Development projects and consulting 2015-2016
- Communication plan and stakeholder analysis for wellness center and Fitness club Taikomo
- Communications consulting for MicroENTRE in co-operation with Verkkoasema Oy: Creating communication plans and stakeholder analysis, training in social media.
- Creating a virtual platform for learning and co-operation for MicroEntre with Verkkoasema Oy.
- Communications Manager for Tervahiihto Ski Marathon
- Planning and updating web site´s content for personal trainers and sports clubs.
Development projects and consulting 2014-2015
RADE (RAPID DEVELOPMENT) -Project 2013-2015 In co-operation with Tekes, Normet, Nokia, Twinspark, Siemens, Vacon.
“Päivi has been studying together with us cross-cultural R&D teams´ communication and leadership topics. With help of her findings and recommendation we have been able to improve our cross functional way of working. Also we have learnt a lot what comes to working in virtual teams. I warmly recommend her into any mgmt or leadership or specialist position that requires special understanding of organisation development skills, understanding different cultures and working in cross functional and cultural team” -Keijo Katisko, Head of Transformation, MBB Nokia Networks
”Päivi has organized over ten workshops in Nokia and I can recommend her from the ground of her teaching skills but also due to her information and communication expertise.” -Juha Määttä, Head of RF Product Management, MBB Nokia Networks
Expert work and teaching
University Teacher Information Studies 08/2015- present
- Planning, creating content and teaching for the course “Literacies in Information Environments” and “Managing Knowledge-Based organizations”
- Teaching research methods
- Supervising research assignments
Communications and Social Media Marketing Manager 1.4.2015 –present
Planning and executing stakeholder communications for Tervahiihto Ski Marathon event.
- Team leader in Tervahiihto CommsSquad -social media team
- Managed a website renewal project, produced content for the web site.
- Copywriting, writing “On a way to Tervahiihto” “Matkalla Tervahiihtoon” -blog
- Creating content and interaction in social media channels.
- Created personal training concept for Tervahiihto, in co-operation with personal trainers and sponsors
Industrial Engineering and Management, Researcher (project communications, virtual teams)
02/2013 – 06/2015
- Research: communications and knowledge management in international new product development projects.
- Teaching: Candidate seminar and supervising candidate thesis. Acting as a tutoring teacher for the class of 2014 and international ProM students.
Information and Communication Studies, University Teacher (specialized in e-learning)
08/2005 – 06/2013
- Managed an intermediate studies e-education pilot project 2011-2012 in cooperation with Helsinki Summer School and Oulu Open University.
- Teaching in e-learning and blended learning classes. Knowledge management, Business Administration, PR-communications, Information Retrieval Legislation.
- Organizing, teaching and coordinating the Communication Studies provided as a minor subject in the Faculty of Humanities.
Maternity leave 05/2006-09/2009 (Writing research articles)
Documentation and Communication Coordinator in R&D projects
05/2002 – 08/2005
- Maintaining information channels in customers´ (Nokia Networks) R&D projects, controlling access rights and giving support and training in project communication.
- Inspection and communication plan creation and updating within co-operation with R&D project managers.
- Providing support and training in issues related to communication processes and ICT tools and databases.
- Academic PM Award at annual Project Management Conference “Projektipäivät 2016” in Helsinki, Finland. PhD thesis “Information Processing in Global Virtual NPD Projects” was considered the best of all, because the highly relevant topic and excellent results considering new virtual communication competencies in personal level and capabilities in organizational level. In her thesis she also investigated trust, which is essential when managing global virtual projects.
- Oulu University Scholarship Foundation: Research Grant for PhD study: information processing in global NPD projects. Viestintä globaaleissa virtuaalisissa tuotekehitysprojekteissa. 31.5.2016
- Research Grant for PhD study: collaboration and communication competencies in global virtual NPD projects by Tauno Tönning Foundation 05/2014
- 2014 Best Student Paper Award in PMI Research and Education Conference
Conferences and Seminars
- PMI Project Management Institute, Research and Education Conference, Portland Oregon, USA 07/2014.
- SCaIEM Scandinavien Academy of Conference of Industrial Engineering and Management, 11/2014 in Lund, Sweden.
- Conference on e-Learning ICEL, Valparaiso, Chile, 06/2014,
- TIIM Technology, Innovation and Industrial Management Conference 05/2013 Thailand
- ISIC Information Seeking in Context. Murcia, Spain 10/2009.
- SMART CITY Seminar 05/2015, Oulu Panelist at the interactive session: Social media and crowdsourcing hosted by Tom Laine (far right), organizing and conducting interviews for the seminar guests.